by THEPHONOLOOPMore THEPHONOLOOP More Virtual Instrument plugins Mastering service
The Idea & Process
It’s a unique mixture of physical modelling and fm synths recorded on a cassette with an old & wonky cassette recorder. It has a range from C0 to E6 and 4 carefully designed velocity layers. The GUI is very simple (Kontakt version), yet useful and almost synth-like – so just like its predecessor Cassette Piano, it’s very easy and fun to work with.
Every note of this instrument has been carefully de-noised with a high quality algorithm to avoid noise stacking when playing more than one note. Noise can still be added with the noise slider – it’s much more flexible this way and allows the ability to adjust the volume of the noise independently whilst also applying parameters such as filtering. It also creates a more realistic sound, so when playing a five voice chord, only one sample of noise instead of five stacked on top of each other will be heard.
The End Result
- Useful and Fun Production Tool: If you like vintage sounds and you’re looking for something to enhance your production toolbox, then this product will be for you
- Simple, One Page Interface: Everything is laid out on one page allowing fast sound design possibilities
- Simulated Round Robin: Makes notes sound realistic when played ostinato (even when playing fast)
- Full version of Logic 9.1.8 (or higher) required
- 848 MB of samples
- Editable ‘Sample Start’ parameter (mapped to CC1 / Mod Wheel)
- REV (reverse) mode
- 4 velocity layers
- 5 presets
- Full version of Logic 9.1.8 (or higher) is required.
Note: The full version of Logic 9.1.8 (or higher) is required to run this software.
Want to try it first?
Create an account and download free THEPHONOLOOPCassette Keys.01 for Logic demo here