by SinevibesMore Sinevibes More Reverb plugins Mastering service
Emission: Artificial Reverb
Emission is a special processor for creating unreal, out-of-this-world space effects. At its core is a smooth reverb engine based on a traditional “feedback delay network” design, but it breaks out of ordinary with what’s inside that network.The spectrum of the signal in the feedback matrix is recursively processed using either a Bode frequency shifter or a granular pitch shifter – coupled with variable time modulation and low- or high-pass damping, this gives birth to a wide variety of novel reverb sounds which can only be described as “vibrating vapour”, “jet sky”, “frozen air” or even “ambient apocalypse”. Emission works its magic on almost any sound source, smooth or percussive – and its versatility is as high as your willingness to experiment.
As always in a Sinevibes product, Emission includes a colour-coded user interface with a clean and simple layout. It has good contrast and highly legible typography that work well in both studio and outdoor lighting. Plus, thanks to its animated elements, Emission always brings a touch of fun and enjoyment to your workflow.
- Feedback delay network with 8×8 Hadamard matrix, spline interpolation, all-pass diffusion filters.
- Bode frequency shifter or granular pitch shifter inside feedback (both positive or negative).
- Variable low-or high-frequency damping and initial stereo width.
- Wide-range time modulation for reverb tail.
- Colour-coded control elements with animated transitions between settings.
- Fully hardware-accelerated rendering with support for Retina screen resolution.
- Pre-Delay Time: Adjust delay time between the dry sound and the start of the reverberation (0..500 ms).
- Modulation: Apply modulation onto the reverb tail: sine oscillator modulates odd and even reflections in opposite directions, adding chorus/vibrato.
- Frequency: Adjust modulation frequency (0.1…10 Hz).
- Decay Time: Adjust reverberation decay time to increase or decrease the tail length (this also depends on time span).
- Time Span: Set time span between individual reflections: with higher values, reverberation tail goes from smooth to grainy, with slow build-up.
- Damping: Adjust reverberation damping: from low-pass (tail gets darker over time), to none, to high- pass (tail gets brighter over time).
- Shift Amount: Adjust the frequency or pitch shift amount applied onto the reflections.
- Shift Type: Set the shift algorithm: BYPASS, positive or negative BODE frequency shifter, positive or negative granular PITCH shifter.
- Stereo Width: Adjust the time difference for reflections in left and right channels.
- Input: Adjust the dry input signal level.
- Send: Adjust the reverb send level (automate this to apply reverb only onto specific sounds).
- Return: Adjust the reverb return level.
- Works with any application that supports Audio Unit effect plugins.
- Supports OSX 10.6 or later running on 32 or 64 bit Intel Macs.
Want to try it first?
Create an account and download free SinevibesEmission demo here